Careers with New Horizons Portland
Looking for a career with the largest IT training company in the world?
New Horizons Portland will list job openings on this page as they are available. Please check back often. For questions about our current openings, please contact us at 888-690-1015
The Account Executive is responsible for meeting or exceeding sales objectives for assigned accounts by promoting and selling training services through professional, consultative sales techniques, and long-term customer relationships.
(includes the following. Other duties may be assigned)
- Meet minimum sales and collections targets, as set forth by the General Manager Identify new opportunities for business with both existing and new clients.
- Manage client relationships, including making telephone and face-to-face sales calls to current clients on a timely basis to uncover opportunities and advance the sales process.
- Work with center staff to provide the necessary service required for ongoing customer satisfaction.
- Support customer acquisition activities, including trade shows, email marketing, online webinars and seminar events.
- Prepare written presentations, proposals and price quotations.
- Give presentations and briefings to clients as needed.
- Master the information presented during sales meetings.
- Continually learn new product and industry knowledge and improve selling skills through both online and face-to-face training.
- Use computer software tools to track client contact information, communicate with potential clients, and perform other sales-related functions.
- Contact customers through, but not limited to, phone calls, email, mailings, fax and seminars to communicate opportunities to extend initiatives with the company.
- Match programs to customer requirements, and close contracts for defined programs.
- Collaborate with Marketing and center support to facilitate new programs, messages, campaigns, and offerings.
- Ensure handoffs to Marketing and center support are successful, and exceed customer's satisfaction.
- Ensure reporting and communications is frequent and bi-directional.
Candidates will have an Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education or experience.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 1 year successful direct sales experience in technology, training, or adjacent industries.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a strong sales pipeline.
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving skills, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with SPIN® Selling methodology preferred.
- Ability to sell in a team environment.
- Must be able to learn computer software necessary to accomplish the administrative tasks required in position; word processor, contract manager, electronic mail package, and registration package.
- Excellent communication skills are required, both written and oral.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Operations Manager is responsible for the management of center resources, which include directing the overall operation of the Training, Operations, and Facility functions of the center. In addition, this individual is responsible for hiring, orientation, training, quality of presentation, cross-training, course development, and promotion of instructors; scheduling of instructors, classrooms, and resources necessary to deliver training; hiring, orientation, and quality control of all administrative personnel which includes front desk, testing administrators and sales department assistants.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Manage and develop the training and administrative staff to ensure staff is highly motivated and efficient.
- Observe and evaluate instructor performance and initiate appropriate corrective actions and reports as required.
- Coordinate ongoing instructor training.
- Manage the hiring of instructors as necessary to carry out program requirements. Initiate hiring seminars as needed to ensure an adequate, efficient instructor staffing level.
- Coordinate an intensive, high-quality instructor training program for newly hired employees.
- Create the trimester schedule. Coordinate timely publication and distribution, thereof.
- Supervise the optimum utilization of instructors, classrooms, computers, and other resources to deliver training.
- Establish and maintain systems to monitor student attendance by each class.
- Assign instructors and other resources considering the student demand and the objectives approved by the General Manager. Approve independent instructor contracts.
- Coordinate class schedules and proposed changes with Sales Manager.
- Research special requests and advise Sales Manager as appropriate.
- Monitor on-site training delivery costs. Approve invoices for hotel and other resources in accordance with NH guidelines.
- Develop and recommend budgeting requirements for instructors and other resources required for training.
- Support Sales Department, providing knowledge of all available classes and working to accommodate clients’ special needs.
- Maintain instructor preparation library.
- Develop, administer, and maintain accountability for the department's operating budget.
- Responsible for maintaining department equipment and supplies; establish reasonable procedures and controls to protect assets from damage and theft.
- Supervise the department system for handling of instructor qualification records.
- Approve on-site training requests. Evaluate requests and coordinate with Operations to meet client requests.
- Approve special outlines for customized courses as requested by the Sales Department.
- Manage building facilities and maintenance that are not IT related.
- Manage the usage of center owned transportation vehicle(s).
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the General Manager.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree with emphasis in Education, Communications, or Social Sciences preferred. Minimum of one (1) year teaching experience. Minimum of two (2) years management experience, strongly preferred.
- Must be computer literate and able to demonstrate proficiency in software applications required in the performance of job responsibilities.
- Must possess excellent leadership abilities.
- Must be able to consistently exercise good and sound judgment under pressure.
- Must be able to deal effectively with people.
- Must possess good analytical skills.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Reports to the General Manager.
Enjoy a rewarding career delivering training solutions to our corporate clients using the latest technologies and software products such as Excel, Access, Outlook, InfoPath, Dreamweaver and PhotoShop. You also would train on a variety of business skills such as Project Management and Team Building. And, as you gain more experience, you could become a Microsoft Certified Trainer teaching technology professionals the newest Microsoft Server and Application Development tools.
We are looking for qualified candidates that have premier teaching skills to join our faculty. We have an opening for a full-time technical instructor at our Portland location. As a technical instructor, you will deliver high-end instructor-led technical classes via our web-based application from one of our studios, in-classroom, or at a client's location (travel may be required). This ia a great opportunity to teach courses from approved Microsoft and partner courseware and develop daily lesson plans while instructing classes using a variety of delivery methods and increase your professional and technical knowledge. If you have at least 1 year instructing in a classroom or training center environment and 3 years applicable real world experience and want to work in a fast-past environment, then please contact us to apply.
Send Us Your Resume