Microsoft Windows 8 Training and Certification
Are you ready to explore the latest powerful operating system from Microsoft? New Horizons Portland training for Microsoft Windows 8 will introduce you to the new features and interface.
If you work in the world of IT, you'll want to upgrade your knowledge as well as your operating system. Learn more below about how Microsoft Windows 8 Certifications and Windows 8 itself can benefit your business today.
Find Windows 8 Training
Get started today with new courses
Windows 8 Certifications
Upgrade your deployment certifications
About Windows 8
See what all the excitement is about
Microsoft Windows 8 Training
New Horizons Portland has the latest courses for end users of Microsoft Windows 8 and technical courses for networking specialists wishing to deploy Windows 8 to the workplace.
Windows 8 Courses for End-Users
What You Will Learn
- Using and understanding the new Windows 8 interface
- Navigate files, folders, and the desktop
- Internet Explorer 10
- Customizing and securing the Windows 8 environment
- Upgrading your skills from prior versions of Windows
- And much more...
Technical Training for Windows 8
What you will learn
- Installing or upgrading to Windows 8
- Managing disks and device drivers
- Networking a Windows 8 system
- Windows 8 security
- Optimizing, configuring and troubleshooting applications
- Hyper-V and Windows PowerShell
- And much more...
Earn Your Microsoft MCSA: Windows 8 Certification
Now is the perfect time to train on Windows 8 and earn or upgrade your Microsoft certification.
Why Get Certified?
It's simple, earning Microsoft certification proves your skills and knowledge to current or potential employees. In addition, it gives you confidence that you have a full understanding of the challenges that IT Administrators face on a daily basis and the tools to respond to those challenges.
Step 1 - Prepare with Windows 8 Training
New Horizons Portland uses Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC) and only Microsoft Certified Trainers (MCT). Rest assured that when you train with us, you will receive the best possible training to help you pass your Microsoft certification exams. For specific courses, see below.
Step 2 - Take and Pass your Microsoft Exams
The MCSA: Windows 8 Certification requires two exams if you do not hold current certifications. If you are upgrading an existing certification, you may pass a single exam.
If you hold no prior certifications...
Upgrade Path if you hold prior certifications...
If you have any of these certifications, you can take a single exam to earn your certification:
- MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator
- MCITP:Enterprise Desktop Support Technician
- MCSA: Windows 7
About Micorosft Windows 8
Windows 8 is a completely reinvented user experience. It is the most radical shift for PC users since Windows 95. Windows release marks a huge departure from what we've seen in previous new versions of Microsoft Windows. Windows 8 doesn't just include minor tweaks to the software, it is nothing short of transformational for the Windows platform - the de facto standard for the business world.
New Windows 8 Feature Highlights
- One operating system for multiple devices - including PC Desktops, touch screen mobile devices such as tablets and smart phones
- New security features and built in system recovery
- Internet Explorer 10 is now a touch-optimized application
- Integration with Microsoft online services such as SkyDrive and Xbox
- Windows Store and Apps - experience applications designed specifically for the Windows 8 platform
- Re-imagined desktop user experience
BYOD for Businesses
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) is a new challenge for businesses where more and more employees are using multiple devices that need to access business data to address concerns of mobility.
With Windows 8 Desktop, Windows 8 Tablet, and Windows 8 Phone -- Microsoft is bringing to market a flexible and streamlined OS that provides one experience across all devices. This will have a huge impact on the way professionals work and help business address the security issues that BYOD presents.